Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Autism Conference in Arizona


Tomorrow I will be flying from Connecticut to Arizona to go speak at the Autism Conferences of America among speakers Dr. Margret Bauman and Temple Grandin. I'm very excited and honored to be speaking at this conference about two things that have always been dear to me - tutoring and autism. 

My talk consists of years of research and personal experience about teaching students with traumatic brain injuries, dyslexia, ADD and autism. I combine the scientific research about how our brains learn and how we retain information to create specific teaching methods to maximize learning for any learner. 
I asked some of the most respected adults with autism that I know while creating this speech -
What do you wish your teacher's knew that would've helped you learn better when you were in school? 
And 
What would you say to teachers about teaching autistic children?

You see to me, I can read every book on the topic and adjust things to fit my students and my own children but I know for each and every person learning is a unique experience. 
To make my talk fully well-rounded, I went past internet searches, books and even my own life experiences to bring the best talk I possibly can. 
For more information o the conference please visit http://www.autismconferencesofamerica.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment